Hola DCS Family!
We want to thank everyone for their support and patience while we work through the very large checklist we’ve got to get DCS to release! Our progress as a team has been good, but I personally feel I’ve not been able to prioritize a few important things and want to quickly address below:
- I’ve not done as good a job communicating updates as I could be and am going to work to fix this.
- We are truly blessed to have an awesome network of friends and family that have offered to help us sell DCS through contacts they have at various stores and locations, and we have not done a good job following up on this. This is being prioritized and we will start reaching out soon to those that offered help!
- Lastly, due to unforeseen circumstances we had to push back our DCS official release to October 30th. Susie, Ernest, Kelly and I are all working hard to complete the final items on our checklist and feel good about this date moving forward!
Here’s what we’ve been working on and/or are pushing to get complete by the October 17th pre-release date!
- Each flavor now has its own UPC code for partnerships with local retail stores. This was fun to knock out – http://www.gs1us.org/get-started
- The picture for this update is the final label Ernest knocked out and we are ready for print! Big shout out to Jason Bollinger and Kevin Uplinger for their review in this process on nutritional facts.
- We are using April at International Printing & Packaging for label production, and they have been great in helping us meet our test batch dates next week!
- We ran into a bit of delay with the company supplying the custom conveyor belt systems and they did not arrive to BR Pits to install until last Wednesday. We are still looking good for test batching next week and I am excited to see the first 200 jars of each flavor roll off the production line!
- Here’s a pic of the DCS 5000 without the conveyor belts and lids…It’s a beast!!
- Kelly and Ernest have been be working on the eCommerce, salsa subscription, shipping functionality and layout this week and it looks great! They should have everything completed and ready for jars to be sold online to all of you by the end of October.
- Order sizes online will be 3, 6, and 12 jars packs, with the ability to order salsa on a subscription basis. Our first ever SaaS (Salsa as a Service)
DCS Launch Event:
This will be a dual celebration event as we will have our longtime friends, and DCS addicts, The Cinderleaf hosting their 20th Anniversary that evening with a live performance. This is one best bands in San Antonio and we love that the manager at Rebar, Chris, was able to let us co-host the event.
We are excited to recognize some of our IndieGoGo campaign contributors with awesome DCS gifts and we will also have salsa available for purchase! 600 jars of the DCS good stuff (200 of each flavor – Mild, Medium, and Hot). Fingers crossed – we will also have some of our newly designed t-shirts available for sale. Rock out in DCS gear!
Here are the deets:
- Rebar on Broadway on October 17th
- 7 – 8p.m.: Meet & greet, have some drinks and get the new labeled DCS in your hands!
- 8 – 8:20p.m.: The DCS story from Team DCS – Dom, Susie, Ernest & Kelly
- 8:20 – 9p.m.: IndieGoGo Family & Friends recognition
- 9 – 10p.m.: Festivities conclude and move to the outdoor patio bar. Last chance to buy your grilled salsa!
- 10p.m. – ?: The Cinderleaf takes the stage and rocks your salsa infused socks off!
We hope you can come join us in the celebration and we can’t wait to see you there!
Have an awesome week folks!